Hurricane Michael, the tropical storm that surprisingly intensified into a Category 4 hurricane in a matter of days, is about to hit the Florida Panhandle with wind speeds over 100 miles per hour and storm surges up to six feet high. Follow Breitbart News for updates on the storm’s progress and stories from the people in its path.
Live Wire Highlights:
• National Weather Service in Tallahassee issues its first-ever Extreme Wind Warning
• Tallahassee mayor Andrew Gillum takes shot at “partisan” President Trump on MSNBC
• Hurricane Michael makes landfall near Panama City Beach with wind speeds just below Category 5 threshold
• It is the first Category 4 hurricane in recorded history to make landfall in Florida’s Panhandle
• Over 5,000 people in Tallahassee are currently without power
All times eastern.
2:41 PM —
WOW……Incredible video coming in of Hurricane Michael exploding a house into pieces in Panama City, Florida. (Source: Aaron Rigsby/Live Storms Media) #hurricanemichael #hurricane pic.twitter.com/kT2mKOzvjH
— CBS 4 News (@kgbt) October 10, 2018
2:26 PM — New footage from the International Space Station.
Station cameras viewed of Hurricane Michael at 12:58pm ET Oct. 10 after the storm made landfall as a category 4 storm over the Florida panhandle. The @NHC_Atlanticreported maximum sustained winds near 145 mph with the potential to bring dangerous storm surge and heavy rains. pic.twitter.com/MHyeQJmQVu
— Intl. Space Station (@Space_Station) October 10, 2018
2:25 PM —
— Tim Ballisty (@IrishEagle) October 10, 2018
2:22 PM —
— NBC News (@NBCNews) October 10, 2018
Continue getting live update: breitbart.com